At Bantam Tools, we build desktop CNC machines with professional reliability and precision to support world changers and skill builders. We’re exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing, and we empower our customers to make precision parts on our desktop CNC machines, saving them time and money. Ultimately, we’re building the future we want to see by empowering world changers, engineers, and skill builders with modern and professional-quality tools.
We are looking for a creative and experienced Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate electro-mechanical components of innovation and excellence. The ideal candidate will have experience performing full lifecycle product development, designing systems and components that meet needs and requirements, and conducting experiments methodically, analyzing data and interpreting results.
- 4+ years of proven work experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM). Hands-on experience with Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD/CAM) and 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other).
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc).
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be forward-thinking.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
- Self-Starter; highly motivated and resourceful. Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Good judgement; Demonstrated ability to think and work independently to plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a semi-fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help others
- Interest, comfort, and strength in working in a small, dynamic organization
- Experience with CNC Machining and/or Maker World Knowledge desired
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement) -- Own the product!
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements.
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results.
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Evaluate final products overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Estimate budget and scope of project.
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.
At Bantam Tools, we build desktop CNC machines with professional reliability and precision to support world changers and skill builders.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.