SOLIDWORKS Design & Help

Created by Angel Ramirez on 9 March, 2018

Hello to everyone! I upgraded to SolidWorks 2017 Premium (clean installation) yesterday and have a problem with Decals (p2d) and images (jpg, png) onto parts/Assemblies.

I'm trying to apply a custom decal to a part and I've gone through the usual process (open decal tab, click add decal, navigate to the file location etc). The decal shows up fine the preview window, but it doesn't show up in the part. However the face that the decal is being applied to changes color slightly, usually gray, but color can be changed form appearance menu. The same situation is when i try to insert image though VIew Appearance. Other View Appearances (colors, finishes, illumination and so on) are working fine. The decals/appearances are showing up in the Display Manager three.

I've tried using .png, .jpeg, and .bmp versions but its the same thing.

I tried using a different picture as the SolidWorks decal direcotry (C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\data\graphics\decals\Logos), and that worked fine as usual which makes me think that the issue is the setting of the program.

The display of decals is turned on form the View Menu and Works fine. When i turn it off, the face color disappeared. Applied to the system decal (from SW default directory) also works fine.

I have many parts\assemblyes with decals, made on SolidWorks 2011 and 2016, and when i oppened them in SW2017, the situation is the same. The part faces, where the decal are pleaced are gray. The decals are shown up in the Display Manager three.

Insert of custom decal. The face become gray, and decal does't appear:

Insert of custom image. Same problem.

Insert of decal from SW default directory. Everything is OK.